Peter Claus has had a pretty tough year. Betting strongly on the Broncos, he finds himself heavily into the vig and may have to hock the Harley sled and sell off a couple of the guys who work on the job with him to get back in the game.
But the spirit of giving goes on. And by a list and by comments old St. Pete wants to supply the following with holiday cheer.
• Von Miller …. A new Ford truck and a videotape-editing machine.
• Brandon Marshall (just to stay with the Broncos theme) …. Elvis Presley’s Denver Police Department uniform.
• Denver Post sports chick Nicki Jhabvala …. a course in memory improvement.
• Mark Kiszla of the above-mentioned rag …. the Nebula Award for writing the best science fiction of the year, his coverage of Brandon Marshall.
• Governor John Hickenlooper …. Hickenlooper for Senate poster, also on the backside, “So long Cory Gardner.”
• For Michael Hancock .… a goodbye wish to Congresswoman Diana DeGette so he can continue with a government job.
• Channel 9’s Kyle Clark …. gift certificate to the Men’s Wearhouse and a 55 gallon drum of hair gel.
• Chief White with the Denver Police Department …. A Brandon Marshall Broncos game shirt.
• Senator Cory Gardner .…. a pair.
• Congressman Mike Coffman …. another pair.
• Representative Steve Lebsock .… membership to It’s Just Lunch.
• Harvey Steinberg …. the Bowlen family retainer money and the full employment agreement for the Harvester.
• John and Burke Ramsey …. the bill from Dr. Phil.
• RTD’s train to the plane …. the public works project of the year award.
• Stephanie O’Malley, Denver Safety Manager …. The judgeship you’ve always wanted.
• Colorado Springs Mayor John Suthers …. Membership in the Southern Poverty Law Center.
• Denver District Attorney Beth McCann …. A course in how to read an autopsy report.
• Denver City Council …. more Black Lives Matter shirts to wear at council meetings.
• Nick Rogers, The Denver Police Union …. gift basket from Channel 4’s Brian Maass.
• The blood of the city John Bowlen …. from Monopoly a get out of jail free card.
• And last but not least …. The long-suffering Broncos Head Coach Vance Joseph …. we wish you well.
Next month it’s New Year’s resolutions.
Merry Christmas everyone, its been one hell of a year.
— Peter Boyles